COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
“PII” means any information which can be used to identify an individual, and may include, but is not limited to: name, email address, postal or other physical address, telephone number, social security number, birth date, geolocation, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline.
We collect PII from you when you register for the Site. To participate in certain activities and to obtain products, services, experiences, or activities made available through Upscribbr (“Services”), you may be asked to provide additional information such as your credit card or bank account information.
We collect PII to the extent we believe it is reasonably necessary to facilitate the transactions between our Customers and Sellers as described in the Information Use section below.
When you visit the Site we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect non-personally identifiable information, which is information that by itself cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information (such as age or gender) or usage information (such as the browser, device, or operating system you are using; the url that referred you to the Site; and the areas of the Site you visit). See the Cookies and Advertising section below for additional details. The information we collect automatically may be only statistical data and may not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or supplement the information we collect with information from other sources to assist us in evaluating and improving our Site and the Services. This helps us to improve the Site and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to estimate our audience size and usage patterns, store information about your preferences, and recognize you when you return to our Site.
ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
You may correct, amend, or update your PII by editing your profile on the Site or contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-568-5535. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Upscribbr uses PII for several general purposes:
- to provide and support the Site and the Services;
- to contact you for feedback about our Site and the Services;
- to conduct research about Upscribbr’s customer base or Services’
- to fulfill your subscription and purchase requests;
- to provide offers from Sellers in your area based on your location information;
- to process your payments including credit checks and collection;
- to notify you of technical updates or changes in policy; or
- to contact you for our own marketing and promotional purposes.
We may use non-personally identifiable information such as demographic data to analyze and develop our marketing strategy and further improve the Site.
- to any applicable Seller for each subscription that you sign up for on the Site and their third-party providers, so they can process the applicable transaction, make available Services to you and contact you regarding the Services and send you other communication that may be of interest say as special offers (you may opt-out of marketing communications directly with the applicable venue).
- to our third party payment processor to complete payment transactions for the Services you sign up for through the Site.
- if sharing the information is reasonably necessary to provide or otherwise make available the Site and any Services.
- to other users of our Site to enable them to connect with you. When you create an account on the Site, you may be able to participate in certain social features which allow you to connect with other Upscribbr accountholders. Other Upscribbr accountholders will be able to find you by your name and will be able to see certain information about you, such as your name, city, and profile photo. You can always choose in your Privacy Settings whether or not to turn off being findable and certain information your connections may see about you.
- to keep you up to date on announcements, software updates, special offers, or other information we think you would like to hear about either from us or from our business partners (unless you have opted out as described in Your Direct Marketing Options below).
- if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so by law, in connection with litigation, to prevent a crime, or to protect personal property, the public, or the Site.
- in connection with a sale or merger with another entity, consolidation, restructuring, sale of company assets, financing or other corporate change, including during the course of any due diligence process or if Upscribbr should ever file for bankruptcy or related proceeding.
- when we otherwise have your consent to share the information.
Upscribbr may also share non-personally identifiable information with third parties (e.g. aggregate or demographic data).
YOUR DIRECT MARKETING OPTIONS
We endeavor to protect PII from loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration, unauthorized access, and destruction. Upscribbr takes reasonable precautions to safeguard the confidentiality of PII. We protect the security of your PII during transmission to us, and from us to our third party payment processor by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts the information you input.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have a password for access to certain parts of our Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. You should not share your password with anyone. The information you share in public areas of the Site may be viewed by any user of the Site.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information. Any transmission of information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Site.
SOCIAL MEDIA AND OTHER THIRD PARTY SITES
The Site may contain links to other sites, such as the websites of Sellers offering Services through our Site. Upscribbr is not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage you to be aware when leaving the Site to read the privacy statements of each site that collects PII.
COOKIES AND ADVERTISING
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
You can learn more about targeted advertising, its benefits and your choices by going to the Digital Advertising Alliance site at http://www.aboutads.info/consumers/. The targeted advertising companies we work with are members of the Network Advertising Initiative or the DAA. The NAI and the DAA allow you to limit targeted advertising from its members by using an opt-out tool available on the NAI website at networkadvertising.org or the DAA’s site.
We may also use third parties to provide measurement and analytic services. You can find more information on Google Analytics by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
We do not respond to “do-not track” signals or other mechanisms that allow users to signal their preferences on the collection of their personal information over time and across third party websites or online services. Our Site does not monitor for or adjust any use as the result of “do-not track” signals.
CHILDREN UNDER 13
The Site is not intended for or directed to persons under the age of 13, and we will not knowingly collect information from anyone under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without parental consent, we will attempt to delete the information as soon as possible. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
BASED IN THE UNITED STATES
We are an entity located in the United States, and the servers and other technology supporting the operations of this Site may be located in the United States. If you submit any information to us through the Site (for example, if you provide your email in order to contact us) you understand that you are voluntarily consenting to the transmission of such information to an organization in the United States and your information will be stored and processed in the United States. We agree only to be subject to applicable U.S. laws and not to the laws of any other country or region.